Pirton Neighbourhood Development Plan 2011 - 2031
The Community identified four key themes in the August 2014 Community Key Themes Consultation. These were:
• Housing and Development;
• Environment, Heritage and Wildlife;
• Amenities and Facilities;
• Transport and Communication.
A golden thread running through all these was a fifth Key Theme which emerged through on-going discussion – Quality of Life.
- Further exploration of these Themes identified the following issues.
- Accommodating housing growth in a sensitive way by limiting the size of new development to a maximum of 30 homes per site at any one time in accordance with historic development rates.
- Ensuring that the design and character of any development is in accordance with the policies in the Plan and the Pirton Character Assessment.
- Ensuring that development will not be visually dominant or detract from the existing character of the village and if possible enhance the existing character.
- Having mixed development including new homes for young families, elderly downsizers and affordable/social housing.
- Protecting important green spaces and wildlife habitats and our centuries of built and archaeological heritage within the village.
- Protecting strategic views into and out of the village.
- Maintaining and improving facilities for village residents and the local business community within both the village of Pirton and the Parish of Pirton.
- Supporting and encouraging the rural economy.
Involving the local community on an on-going basis in the process of plan making, monitoring and delivery of sustainable development.
Key Themes consultation